This section is a recent addition to this website, covering specific smart home issues and technologies that don't easily fit into the other main sections. We aim to add at least one short article or feature each month. We also have a series of on-going studies into to the wider technologies found in smart homes or that will be significant in the future:
- Smart home lego bricks (September 2015).
- Smart home assisted living and telecare (July 2015).
- Smart home 'up up' (June 2015).
- The future of artifical intellgence (May 2015).
- Raspberry Pi interface to legacy alarm system (January 2015).
- A dozen good reasons why you need a smart home (December 2014).
- Smart home identity (November 2013).
- Temperature sensors and how we make them smart (November 2013).
- Humidity sensors and how we make them smart (November 2013).
- Smart home latency and its implications (November 2013).
- Why we won't be buying the Nest Protect (October 2013).
- The importance of coffee (January 2013).
- Alternatives to the Apple Lightning USB cable (Dec 2012).
- Home Automation - How easy can it be? (Nov 2012).
- Our proposed 'Smart Home rating' system. (Oct 2012).
- What makes a good 'Smart Home' (Oct 2012).
- Wireless music systems (Oct 2012)