Solar Power Generation
Unlike photovoltaic power generation, solar power generation uses the direct energy of sun in other ways to generate electrical power. Typically, this means turning water into steam, to drive a turbine but, there are other less direct methods available. These are often much more efficient than using photovoltaic panels to convert the suns energy into electricity.
News & Articles
- BBC News - Bacteria power 'bio-battery' breakthrough (23rd March 2013)
- EnviroGadget - Use of Algae to Produce Energy Through Wastewater (17th January 2013)
- GizMag - Plant-Microbial Fuel Cell generates electricity from living plants (25th November 2012)
- GizMag - HydroICE project developing a solar-powered combustion engine (22nd November 2012)
- GizMag - High-efficiency solar energy tech turns water into steam (20th November 2012)